Frequently Asked Questions
Is it really free?
- Yes. Anyone who signs up now will get a free account. This may change for people who sign up in the future, so hurry :)
Why is it free?
- You get a fantastic purchasing guide, we get to tell you about other tools we have developed, such as the multi award-winning VendorPanel procurement platform. In this way it's basically a marketing tool for us - we would prefer to spend our money on building cool toys than advertising - we think that's a pretty fair deal.
Who made it?
- Magnetized Markets - the same people that created the multi award-winning VendorPanel procurement platform.
Can I add the HowToPurchase guide to my companies intranet?
- Yes. When you create your HowToPurchase guide, you are given a special code that you can paste onto your companies intranet or website. It's super simple. Your purchasing guide will be embedded wherever you place the code.
How is it embedded?
- It is embedded using an iFrame. Once you have created your guide, you get a short snippet of code that you can place onto your intranet. Wherever you place it, the guide will appear. This is the same way that YouTube works when embedding a video. If you don't want to embed it, you can simply use a link to a dedicated web page.
How long does it take to set up my guide?
- That depends on on the complexity of your purchasing guidelines. A simple guide with a few key categories, sub categories, spend thresholds and risk ratings usually takes 20-30 minutes. That's it. You'll never need to answer those basic questions again! A more complex guide will obviously takes longer, but once you get the hang of it it's fairly straight forward.
What information do I need to setup my HowToPurchase guide?
- Once you have setup your account information you can begin creating your HowToPurchase guide. To set this up, you will need to know your purchasing policies. It's up to you how detailed you make it. We recommend you start simple. You can edit and expand it at any time.
What about sensitive information?
- We recommend you do not include anything that is confidential within your guide. Remember, the purpose of the guide is simply to point staff in the right direction, to the right policies, processes or tools. You should only include sufficient information to enable your staff to follow the right process. You can provide links and references to internal documentation where you need to. HowToPurchase makes it easy for staff to know what to do, where to go, and how to access the contracts, suppliers and deals you have setup.
How do I add a Backup Administrator?
- To add a Back-up Administrator you'll need to contact HowToPurchase Support to complete the process.
The information we require to complete the registration is:
Once you have collated the information, please email your request to:
- Company Name:
- Existing Primary Administrator email:
- Role Title:
- Phone number:
- Email Address:
Terms of Service and Privacy Policies?